Examples of our Group’s services include:
- Developing incident response plans and assisting in immediate responses to computer intrusions and security breaches, including counseling on steps to minimize liability, and filing civil litigation or making criminal referrals to law enforcement.
- Representing companies that have suffered an information security breach in FTC and State Attorney General inquiries and civil litigation.
- Counseling clients on compliance with debt help Illinois information security legislation, commonly known as SB 1386, and any similar state or federal laws and regulations requiring companies to provide notice when sensitive personal information has been acquired by an unauthorized person.
- Conducting internal and Internet investigations to identify and track down wrongdoers who are causing harm to the corporation through the Internet or networked computer systems (trade secret leaks or theft, extortion attempts, defamation, etc.).
- Advising covered entities under GLB or HIPAA regarding the information security requirements under the respective security rules. Such projects often include risk assessments and implementation of reasonable security measures under the direction of counsel and consequently within the umbrella of the attorney-client privilege.
- Conducting general security and privacy audits and evaluations of the adequacy of companies’ security policies and measures, considering applicable laws and regulations, information security standards such as ISO 17799, and industry best practices.
- Reviewing, revising and drafting policies and practices pertaining to incident handling, acceptable use, terms of service, electronic monitoring and e-mail marketing, including reviewing contracts with service providers to ensure inclusion of appropriate information security provisions.
- Conducting due diligence review of the information security practices and procedures of potential acquisition targets or business partners.